December 01, 2005

we see rufu

If I wasn't straight I could quite fancy this guy.


Last night we were treated to a downright bloody fantastic evening. I'm not being dramatic, it really was great. Rufus Wainwright is one of those special musicians who somehow doesn't seem capable of putting a foot wrong. Not one note was off key, nor any song choice unfitting, and when he needed to up the ante it was done with aplomb. I've been a late convert to his stuff, but Mrs L has been championing him for a while now, and it's not hard to see why. Not only can the bloke play guitar, piano, and quite probably any other instrument that were to be plonked in front of him, but he also has THE MOST AMAZING VOICE, in capital letters. If you were to ask me to pick a favourite song I wouldn't be able to do it. They were all great, he was great, his band was great, even the bit where they all went a bit Polyphonic Spree and started dancing around in togas was great beyond description. And all this pleasure was had while sitting down! God has obviously started work early in preparing me for the big three oh.

Robyn Hitchcock and The Minus Three are my next top gig event. I really do have such impeccable taste. If I wasn't me I would probably make myself sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home